Strauss & Co hosts a diverse annual programme of auctions, advance details of which are available here. Collecting is a social experience. To this end, Strauss & Co also hosts many educational events and social-outreach drives. Diverse in format, each event is an opportunity to share, network and learn.
Auction Preview of Modern, Post-war and Contemporary Art WALKABOUTS AND LECTURES A programme of walkabouts, lectures and Zoom talks will take place during the fortnight preceding the auction. The topics and links will be available under our ‘Important Dates to Diarise’ section on our home page. Book your appointment to visit the auction preview. All
Strauss & Co, 89 Central Street, Houghton
Join Strauss & Co Senior Art Specialist and Head Curator Wilhelm van Rensburg in conversation with international curators and academics: Dr Adina KamienSenior Curator of Modern Art, Israel Museum, Jerusalem Dr Sébastien DelotCurator, LaM – Lille Métropole Museum of Modern, Contemporary and Outsider Art, France Prof Kim BermanProfessor in Visual Art, University of Johannesburg (UJ) and
Irma Stern is the subject of two new books by art historian Dr LaNitra M. Berger and editor, critic and author Sean O’Toole. Strauss & Co’s senior art specialist and Stern specialist Wilhelm van Rensburg chats to the authors about their respective publications.
- 4 May 2021 Special One Day Preview of Irma Stern paintings
- 5 May 2021 Museum Moments: The UCT Irma Stern Museum
- 6 Apr 2021 Preview: April Live Virtual Auction, Cape Town
- 7 Apr 2021 Museum Moments: Walter Battiss Art Museum
- 8 Apr 2021 Talkabout: Decorative Arts Highlights, April Live Virtual Auction
- 10 Apr 2021 Talkabout: Art Highlights, April Live Virtual Auction
- 29 Apr 2021 Talkabout: John Muafangejo Works from The Orde Levinson Collection
- 17 Mar 2021 Museum Moments: Legacy Museum
- 25 Mar 2021 Talkabouts: March Online – with guest curator Kim Kandan
- 29 Mar 2021 Talkabouts: March Online – Staff Picks