Sweets & Fortifieds and Additional Finds

Timed Online Auction, 28 May - 10 June 2024

Sweets

Sold for

ZAR 821
Lot 65
  • Sigalas Rabaud; Sauternes; 2006; 1 (1 x 1); 750ml


Lot Estimate
ZAR 900 - 1 500
Selling Price
Incl. Buyer's Premium & VAT
ZAR 821
Location
Wine Storage

About this Item

2006 Sauternes
1 (1 x 1) 750ml

Château Sigalas Rabaud is a Premier Cru Classé wine estate in the Sauternes appellation of Bordeaux, producing both the classic sweet white wines associated with the region and a number of dry whites, all predominantly made from the Sémillon grape. The estate lies in the northern Bommes commune of the wider Sauternes appellation.
The 14-hectare estate is the smallest of the Sauternes first growths and is planted predominantly to Sémillon (85 percent). The remaining 15 percent of the vineyard is given over to Sauvignon Blanc, which is found in some of the wines.
Neighbors include first growth stablemates Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey to the southeast and Rayne Vigneau to the southwest.

The vineyard is located in the heart of the Sauternes appellation, known for producing some of the world's finest sweet wines. Sauternes wines are known for their exceptional aging potential. The 2006 vintage can continue to develop and improve for several decades, gaining additional complexity and depth over time.

Provenance

Private Client

View all Sigalas Rabaud lots for sale in this auction



Other lots that might interest you
Climens; Barsac; 1986; 1 (1 x 1); 750ml
Climens; Barsac
1986; 1 (1 x 1) 750ml
ZAR 2 500 - 4 000
Coutet; Sauternes-Barsac; 2015; 2 (1 x 2); 375ml
Coutet; Sauternes-Barsac
2015; 2 (1 x 2) 375ml
ZAR 2 000 - 3 000
Doisy-Védrines; Sauternes; 2014; 1 (1 x 1); 750ml
Doisy-Védrines; Sauternes
2014; 1 (1 x 1) 750ml
ZAR 1 200 - 2 000
d'Yquem; Sauternes; 1988; 1 (1 x 1); 750ml
d'Yquem; Sauternes
1988; 1 (1 x 1) 750ml
ZAR 8 000 - 15 000
Suduiraut; Sauternes; 2001; 1 (1 x 1); 750ml
Suduiraut; Sauternes
2001; 1 (1 x 1) 750ml
ZAR 1 800 - 2 500
Suduiraut; Sauternes; 1988; 1 (1 x 1); 750ml
Suduiraut; Sauternes
1988; 1 (1 x 1) 750ml
ZAR 1 800 - 2 500